Creation of this dish has probably been aided by abundance of high quality cottage cheese available at the Ljubljana Food Market. Usually prepared during the fresh tarragon season,
it was often accompanied with kidney bean soup, or served as a main course on Fridays.
1. Mix the ingredients for dough and make pancakes.
2. Chop the tarragon and mix it with cottage cheese and cream, add sugar and salt.
3. Add the egg yolks, beat the egg whites into snow and add into the mixture.
4. Spread the filling on pancakes, roll them and place into a baking dish.
5. Pour over with the coating and bake at 180’C for 20 min.